This is a great side salad or dessert for your Fourth of July celebration - or any summer time gathering. It is lightly sweet and the mint adds a refreshing touch. Please feel free to improvise as well. You can make your own fruit combo--mango, papaya, peeled kiwi and other melons all work well. If you don't have berries, you can use more cubed fruit instead.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 3-4 cups of mixed cubed cantaloupe, pineapple, seedless watermelon and honeydew melon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 3 sprigs fresh mint- leaves torn into several pieces
- 1 large lime
- 3 tablespoons sugar-in-the-raw (optional)
Combine the fruit in a large bowl.
Zest the whole lime (by using a fine grater to shave off just the green part, not the white layer underneath the green), then squeeze the lime juice into a small bowl, mix the lime zest, lime juice, mint and the sugar.
Press the mint leaves against the side of the dish with a spoon to crush them, which extracts the flavor.
Sprinkle the lime-mint mixture over the fruit and gently toss. Let it sit for an hour in the fridge. Remove 30 minutes before serving so it's not super cold when served,
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- (does not include optional added sugar)
- Calories: 60
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 16 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Protein: 1 g