Prep Time: 2 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, more for dusting
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cup room temperature water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt. Add water and stir until combined. The dough should feel sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rest 12-18 hours at room temperature.
- When you're ready to bake, pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Pre-heat a 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven (or similar) in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the dough from the mixing bowl onto a lightly-floured piece of parchment paper and gently shape the dough into a ball.
- Once the Dutch oven has finished pre-heating, lift the parchment paper by both ends and very carefully lower the dough so that the parchment lines the bottom. (Be careful: the Dutch oven will be hot!)
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes until the loaf turns golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 110
- Total fat: 0 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
- Sodium: 243 mg
- Carbohydrate: 23 g
- Dietary fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g