Nothing beats a frozen dessert on a hot summer day. However, finding an option that is not highly processed or made from dairy (which I can’t eat) and free of added sugars and unhealthy fats is easier said than done. Enter the banana, which is probably the best fruit to freeze and blend that I have ever come across. I started making this as an ice cream substitute for myself years ago. It is easy to prepare, tasty, and the best part is, most people love it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 ripe or over ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Peel bananas and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place in container and freeze.
- Remove once frozen and put in high quality blender or food processor with liquid and vanilla.
- Blend until light and airy consistency.
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Fiber: 3 g