Baked salmon with lemon and herbs: a regional recipe from washington
From crunchy apples and fresh seafood to Walla Walla onions — and many things in between — Washington state is home to some delicious and healthy foods.
And now, Washington is also home to more than 675,000 new Kaiser Permanente members. We are so happy to be welcoming the former Group Health Cooperative into our fold. And, along with our shared mission and focus on providing excellent care for our members and improving the health of our communities, we share a love of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes.
To celebrate our new colleagues and members, the Food for Health blog is excited to present this recipe from Grace Cinciripini, MD, a pediatric ophthalmologist and adult strabismus specialist who practices at Kaiser Permanente Washington's Bellevue and Capitol Hill medical centers.
Take a look at Kaiser Permanente Washington’s food and fitness blog for more healthy and delicious recipes.
What are your favorite foods from the Pacific Northwest? Let us know in the comments!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
2 pounds of salmon
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons of rosemary
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1. Line a baking sheet with foil and place salmon on top.
2. In a bowl, add olive oil with basil, rosemary, parsley, garlic, salt, lemon zest, and pepper.
3. Squeeze two lemons into the herb mixture and whisk.
4. Spread the lemon herb mixture on top of the salmon.
5. Place lemon slices on top of salmon.
6. Roast at 400 F for 20-25 minutes (or until fish flakes easily with a fork).
7. Garnish with parsley.