For each application, two related budget documents are required:
- The project budget template
- The project budget narrative
Kaiser Permanente follows these guidelines for grantfunding opportunities:
- Kaiser Permanente does not generally fund capital expenditures (land acquisition, buildings, remodeling, capital maintenance or acquisition of major equipment).
- Kaiser Permanente will consider funding administrative/operating costs relevant to the proposed project OR indirect costs of 10 percent or less of total salaries and benefits—not both.
- Kaiser Permanente strongly discourages applicants from requesting funding that underwrites administrative infrastructure and/or to maintain core programs or essential staff.
- Applicants that request more than 50 percent of salary and benefits for an individual FTE must articulate within their proposal and budget narrative if the position is a temporary position or if the organization plans to sustain the position and/or work post-grant.
Click the following for the complete Project Budget Development Document: KPCO_ApplicantBudgetDevelopmentGuidance
Click the following for a Project Budget Template: KPCO_BudgetTemplateExample