It’s not too late to protect yourself. And through March 31, Kaiser Permanente members can get a flu shot at nearby retail pharmacies — at no cost.
Like eating healthy and getting enough sleep, getting an annual flu shot is something we all know we should do but sometimes don’t.
As COVID-19 cases continue to rise, getting your flu shot is more important than ever. While a flu shot won’t prevent you from getting COVID-19, it will protect you from the flu, a serious respiratory infection that can lead to hospitalization or even death.
That’s why we’re doing everything we can to make it safe and easy to get your flu shot. In fact, through March 31, 2021, Kaiser Permanente members can get no-cost flu shots at many retail pharmacies across the United States, including Albertsons, Costco, CVS, Kroger, Rite Aid, Safeway, Sav-on, Walgreens, and Walmart.
1) Go to kp.org/flu, select your region, and click the link that says “How can I get a flu shot this year” or “Find locations.”
2) Click the pharmacy name to view its website and learn about hours of operation, appointment requirements, age restrictions, and more.
3) When you arrive, let pharmacy staff know that you are a Kaiser Permanente member, and be prepared to show a photo ID and your Kaiser Permanente member card.
4) Members will not need to provide a copay or file a claim for reimbursement.
5) Your Kaiser Permanente electronic health record will be updated to show that you have received your annual flu shot.
Flu shots are also available at Kaiser Permanente facilities, and options include drive-thru clinics, walk-up outdoor clinics, and drop-in indoor clinics. Learn more at kp.org/flu.
Each year, tens of thousands of people in the United States die from the flu, and many more are hospitalized. An annual flu shot is the best way to protect yourself. Brush up on the facts about flu.