Ashlyn Izumo, KP Honolulu, sent this message in an e-mail, “Just a quick update. We went live this past Friday, June 18th with our Fresh Fridays here at Honolulu Clinic. After a short blessing the horn blew and history repeated itself here in Hawaii.”
Here on the mainland, sweet corn is finally in season and available from the Johnstons or Happy Boys. This simple salad is great to take on a Fourth of July picnic.
On your way to 10,000 steps per day you would get 400 steps between the main hospital entrance on MacArthur and the Mosswood building.
- 6 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1-1/2 lb plum or cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the corn in boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, cool, then cut the kernels off the cobs. In a large bowl, mix the other ingredients with the corn. Season to taste and enjoy.