One week without using tomatoes in a recipe of the week was enough. It's best to eat them now when they are in peak season. This week's recipe will free you from the tyranny of balsamic vinegar. Other vinegars can compliment tomatoes as well.
This went well with toasted spaghetti and clam sauce. Stay tuned.
- 2 lb any tomatoes, except sauce tomatoes (Happy Boys Farm has cherry tomatoes and heirlooms of all colors.)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp malt vinegar (It doesn't necessarily have to be aged for 10 years to be good.)
- 3/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced green onion for garnish
Slice the tomatoes into thick slices and arrange on a serving plate. Whisk the other ingredients in a bowl and then dress the tomatoes. Garnish with the green onion.
Nutrition Information (per serving)