This is the season to use your blender. Mine got another workout and created this delicious cold summer soup. You can find many of the ingredients at your local farmers market.
- 6 cups watermelon, black seeds removed
- 5 big tomatoes, quartered
- 1 heaping tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted in a skillet or in a 350 degree oven
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 sweet onion or red onion, finely diced
- 1 small cucumber, finely diced
- Stuff your blender with ingredients up to about 2/3 full and blend until fairly smooth.
- Do this again with the rest of the ingredients.
- Taste and adjust.
- Garnish each bowl of gazpacho with some onion and cucumber.
I think you will like this. I really did.
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 10 gm
- Saturated fat: 1 gm
- Trans fat: 0 gm
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbohydrate: 34 gm
- Fiber: 7 gm
- Sugars: 24 gm
- Sodium: 24 mg (without added salt)
- Protein: 8 gm