There is 0% chance of rain tomorrow. The asparagus may be here.
This week's recipe is one of my favorite pizzas. I have made it many times over the years.
This recipe is guaranteed. Many dishes that use Friday Fresh market vegetables require high quality leftovers. Next week look for my favorite and easy way to roast chickens.
- One thin Boboli pizza crust (or make your own crust)
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (there are lower fat versions of this available)
- 1/2 lb prawns, shelled and deveined (if in a hurry, even the frozen medium shrimp work well)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh mint (better) or chopped parsley (good) for garnish
Preheat oven to 500°. Use a pizza stone if you have one. Salt the tomatoes generously in a colander. After about 30 minutes, press out some of the liquid.
Toss the prawns with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for about 15". Meanwhile, sauté the leeks in 1 Tbsp olive oil until lightly browned. Grate and crumble the cheeses. Sauté or cook prawns in a skillet or grill pan until partially cooked on each side. Brush the crust with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with the parmesan and gruyere. Cover with the leeks then the tomatoes. Top with the prawns and the crumbled feta. Bake until the crust is golden brown. Top with the garnish of choice.
[See next week’s note about abbreviation for minutes (‘) and seconds (“).]