Working with the Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association, San Francisco Kaiser Permanente will open a market on Friday, August 22. As peaches from the Lone Oak Farm and Kashiwase Farm are in peak season, try this salsa.
It's hard to believe that this sweet, crunchy and smoky salsa has only 6 calories per serving.
Servings: about 3 cups
- 2 cups peaches (about 1-1/2 lbs), diced, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup diced, unpeeled English hothouse cucumber
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp apricot preserves
- 1 tsp chopped canned chipotle chilis*
- *Chipotle chilis canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season the salsa to taste with salt and pepper. This recipe can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Stir to blend before serving.