You know how you find a song you like and play it over and over. That's what's happening with kale. I never even heard of kale when I grew up in the 40's and 50's in Detroit. I never heard of Martha Stewart then either but here is another recipe from one of the cookbooks that are somehow connected with her --- Power Foods.
This is really good.
- 2 bunches of kale, tough stems and ribs removed, stacked, rolled, then very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow, orange, or red bell pepper, deribbed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced crosswise — I don’t peel them, just wash them.
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Coarse salt to taste.
Toss the veggies together. Puree 1/4 cup of the peanuts, oil, vinegar, and the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon salt in a blender. Toss with veggies. Coarsely chop the rest of the peanuts and garnish.