Potato salad is usually a dish made by someone else's mother and brought to a potluck. Many versions I have had in the past were mayonnaise based with large chunks of other things in it. This week's recipe is a very welcome upgrade from both a taste and fat content perspective.
This recipe can be made up to 2 hours ahead and served at room temperature. (It was still excellent, cold from the refrigerator, as leftovers the next day.)
- 3 lbs potatoes from Happy Boys Farm
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives or green onion tops
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp drained capers
- 1 Tbsp liquid from caper jar
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Cut the potatoes into 1” pieces. I like to leave the peel on for flavor and nutrients. Cook in boiling water until just tender. Drain and cool. Place into a large serving bowl. Toss gently with chives, parsley and capers. Combine vinegar, mustard and caper liquid in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss gently. Adjust seasonings.
Nutrition Information (per serving)