For those watching their carbohydrate load, I recommend this chicken dish. It goes best with steamed rice and a very cold beverage but stands alone if your diet requires it.
1 lb sliced chicken breast
2 Tbsp of canola oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp crushed red chilis
1 large jalapeño, diced
3 Tbsp fish sauce
- In 2 Tbsp of canola oil, sauté briefly 2 large minced garlic cloves and 1/4 tsp crushed red chilis. Add 1 lb sliced chicken breast and one large diced jalapeño.
- Sauté over medium-high heat until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add 3 Tbsp fish sauce (found in the Asian food section at most grocery stores) Sauté for about 2 more minutes.
- Sweep in a small handful of fresh basil.
- Serve with or without rice.