Much of the ingredients for this week's recipe will be waiting for you at this Friday's farmers' market. There have been a number of requests for copies of recipes sent out previously. We have an electronic copy for those interested.
This recipe is quick and very tasty.
- 4 large juicy oranges (the heaviest of any kind of citrus fruits are the juiciest per Marlene of the Lone Oak Ranch)
- 4 half chicken breasts, boned, skinned and flattened (between layers of waxed paper to prevent raw chicken splatter)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt optional
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp minced green onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup shelled roasted and salted pistachios
Halve one or more oranges and squeeze to get 1/2 cup juice. Slice the remaining oranges. Sprinkle the chicken with pepper and salt, if desired. Sauté chicken in the oil until done through but still moist and tender, turning once. Transfer chicken to a serving dish and keep warm. Add the juice, zest, green onion and mustard to the pan stirring to make a sauce. Add the orange slices and pistachios. Heat through and pour over chicken. I used a mix of oranges and tangerines.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Total fat is 20 gm with only 4.5 gm saturated fat and 8 gm of mono-saturated fat.