I now know two frisee converts that can probably be ascribed to this excellent vinaigrette. They previously found frisee annoying but no longer. This is a wonderful winter salad ---- probably too late for a New Years Eve party, but good any other time.
Happy New Year.
- Enough bitter greens like frisee, radicchio, endive, escarole, and chicory for a salad, washed and dried.
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2-3 anchovies, minced or 2-3 inch squiggle anchovy paste
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Shake in a small jar or whisk in a bowl. Use only about a tablespoon of vinaigrette per person served. Dress your salad and enjoy.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- serving size about 1 Tablespoon
- Note: the salad greens are only about 10 calories per cup.
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 8 gm
- Saturated Fat: 1 gm
- Trans Fat: 0 gm
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
- Carbohydrate: 0 gm
- Fiber: 2 gm
- Sugars: 0 gm
- Sodium: 76 mg
- Protein: 0 gm